Email: [email protected]
- Ludic keywords: Board games, social deduction, party games, family games, Minecraft
- Language keywords: Speaking, communication, Japanese, community
- Pedagogy keywords: Task-based language teaching, game-based language teaching (GBLT), rapid iteration, teacher roles
James is a senior assistant professor at Meiji University where he teaches and conducts research on the application of games and play in language and literacy teaching. He is currently exploring projects in the following areas:
- Teaching cyberpragmatics through analysis and participation in Reddit communities.
- “Doing things with games and play” (Having a societal impact with game design).
- The language of games and play (genre analysis, game literacy, learning about the games industry).
- A PBL class focused on the SDGs.
- A task-based language teaching approach to learning English communication skills with board and video games.
🧪 Research connections
💬 Social connections
For an updated list of publications, please check James’s CV here.z