LLPx02 Game board (and report)
- Date of conference: 2022/12/10-11
- Peer-reviewed: ❌
- Chairs: James York, Anton Vegel
- Date of publication: 2023/01/19
- Keywords: Conference, Designing, Discord, Google Docs, Iron Teacher, Lesson Plan Creation, LLPx, Online Conference, Webinar
- 09:00 - 09:05 👋 Welcome
- 09:05 - 09:30 👨💻 Keynote 1: What LLP means to me!
- Rose Bard and Anton Vegel
- Welcoming us to the conference by explaining what LLP means to them.
- 09:30 - 10:15: 🕹️ Meet your LLP2P
- Introduce your Ludic, Language and Pedagogy interests and current projects
- Chat in small groups, make connections, and collaborate!
- 10:15 - 12:15 🥣 LLP ingredients Q&A poster session
- Presentations must be completed below on ONE page. See James’s example.
- Presentations must be completed ONE WEEK before the conference.
- Participants can leave comments and questions directly on the Ingredient talks pages.
- Ingredient talks are in blocks:
- The Ingredients Q&A session will be carried out in gather.town.
- 12:15 - 12:45 👩🍳 LLP Iron Teacher preparation
- Make groups, choose an LLP ingredient and prepare for the cook-off!
- 09:00 - 09:05 👋 Welcome → Anton Vegel
- 09:05 - 09:35 👨💻 Keynote 2: James York
- Let’s get ludic
- 09:35 - 10:35 👩🍳 LLP Iron Teacher (1 hour)
- Go head to head with other groups of LLPers to create the best LLP lesson plan!
- 10:35 - 11:30 🏆 Iron Teacher presentations and awards
- See who became the LLP Iron Chefs… I mean… TEACHERS! Various awards. All for fun.
- 11:30 - 11:45 💭 Debrief the conference
- Give us feedback.
- 11:45~11:55 🤷 What’s next?
- Chat with other attendees, exchange virtual business cards and get ready for the next LLPx..!
🔑 Key points
- What is this? This is a collection of short talks and lesson plans made by participants of LLPx02. Teachers presented Ludic and Pedagogy elements, then were grouped into teams which had an hour to create a lesson plan, activity, class, workshop or curriculum.
- What did they make? Creations included:
- An interactive-fiction inspired lesson plan using ChatGPT
- A TBLT lesson using free, open-source MMOs
- A PPP lesson plan for young learners using Strategic Interactions
- Why did you make it? We want to share more Ludic, Language and Pedagogy elements with each other and other teaching and research communities. If you want to implement or modify these plans, you can! We would be happy to help you do so. Join our Discord to chat with the Iron Teachers.
🎯 The Game board and report ↯
All you need to witness what occurred at our first ever playtest of the LLPx conference format is the Google Doc linked below:
🗣 Talks and 🎞 videos
Also, please check the live doc above for links to slides and other, related content.
Playlist of all LLPx02 videos
- Day 1 Keynote: What LLP means to me! (Rose Bard & Anton Vegel)
- Day 2 Keynote: What “ludic” means and why it matters (James York)