Listen with Apple Podcasts:
Listen directly here:
In this episode, host James and Tobias interview Graham Stanley as part of the “Origin Stories” podcast series. The interview format for this series is to ask a game-based teacher the following questions to understand how they started and how other teachers can get involved:
- What or who inspired you to start teaching with games?
- How did you start?
- How long have you been teaching with games? In what subjects? How often?
The classroom context
- What kind of institution do you work at?
- How widespread is the use of games at your institution?
- How do games fit into the institution / curriculum where you teach?
- SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION ALERT: What role(s) do YOU play in your game based teaching?
The field (community)
- What teaching communities are you involved with?
- To what would you compare your journey in the field of games and learning?
- What do you think new teachers need to start using games?
Doing now? Doing next?
- What are your current projects? → Where will you share your work?
- What would you like to do in the future?
- Where can we learn more about you? → social links