- Authors: James York
- Reviewed by: Daisy Young, Jonathan deHaan, Robert Swier, Rosemere Bard.
- Volume and page numbers: 4 (p. 31 – 52)
- Date of publication: 2022/07/20
- Keywords: Gaming, Gaming literacy, Digital wilds, Couch coop, Towerfall Ascension
- Cite: York, J. (2022). Deciding who’s a n00b: Developing multimodal and gaming literacy skills with Towerfall Ascension. Ludic Language Pedagogy, 4, 31-52. https://doi.org/10.55853/llp_v4Pg3
- What is this? An example of informal LLP between a teacher (or, possibly, a parent with a high level of gaming literacy and interest in their child) and their son.
- Why did you make it? To showcase an example of the rich literacy skills that may emerge when players take time to engage with and consider a game.
- Who is it for? Mothers, fathers, game players, games-in-education advocates, skeptics, and the curious.
- ⭐ BONUS: A lesson plan is provided in the Appendix which may be utilized in L1 and L2 teaching contexts for young learners, teens, and beyond. The lesson is designed to show how this interaction between teacher-parent and son may be implemented in the classroom.