Hourdequin, P. & Hughes, B. (2022). Places, people, practices, and play: Animal Crossing New Horizons here and there
- Authors: Hourdequin, P. & Hughes, B.
- Reviewed by: DM Jones
- Volume and page numbers: 4 (p. 71–94)
- Date of publication: 2022/09/22
- Keywords: collaboration, ecolinguistics, language ecology, local practice
- Cite: Hourdequin, P & Hughes, B. (2022). Places, people, practices, and play: Animal Crossing New Horizons here and there. Ludic Language Pedagogy, 4, 71–94. https://doi.org/10.55853/llp_v4Pg4
- What is this? It’s a piece of writing exploring the development of a small international ecolinguistics pilot project that used Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH) as a vehicle to connect university students and researchers in conversation about issues of environmental and community sustainability.
- Why did you make it? We wanted to share and make sense of what we tried, what we learned, and we wanted to explore ideas for possible future iterations.
- Who is it for? People interested in exploring the use ACNH, or similar games, as a vehicle for meaningful discussion about environmental and social issues.