Teaching English communication skills with Captain Sonar!
- Author: James York
- Peer-reviewed: ❌
- Date of publication: 2020/04/07
- Keywords: Step-by-step, Lesson plan, Captain Sonar, Kotoba Rollers, Board game, English, Speaking, CLT, TBLT, Task-repetition
There are few practical guides to teaching specific skills with specific games. This is one. You don’t need computers, or tablets, just a board game which you could make yourself. This is how to put games at the core of your language class. #GBLT #KotobaRollers
- 📍 What is this? A short, easy-to-read example of my Kotoba Rollers framework for teaching English with the game Captain Sonar.
- 📍 Why did you make it? My Kotoba Rollers walkthrough paper in LLP is a deep dive and covers the whole framework from 10,000m up. With this, I wanted to create a simpler, easily implementable lesson plan around a single game.
- 📍 Who is it for? Teachers that are interested in teaching with games and are looking for a concise, practical and usable guide with a specific game.
- 📍 What’s next? If the reception to this piece is positive, I would like to continue making guides for teaching with various games.