- Authors: Kazuna Furusawa & Haruna Yoshida
- Reviewed by: Blair Matthews, Frederick Poole, Fabio Spano, Benjamin Thanyawatpokin, James York
- Volume and page numbers: 3 (p. 26 – 36)
- Date of publication: 2021/03/15
- Keywords: Comparison, Communication, Culture, Freedom, Game design, Health awareness, Honesty, Journey, Lifelong goals, Local event, Materials, Multiliteracies, Reflection, Self awareness, Social media, Society, Students’ voices
- Cite: Furusawa, K. & Yoshida, H. (2021). How we developed both inside and outside a “games and multiliteracies” seminar: A comparison of a society-focused journey and a self-focused journey. Ludic Language Pedagogy, 3, 26-36.
- What is this? This is a comparison of our self-finding journeys in the Game Terakoya seminar. One of us focused on society and one of us focused on herself.
- Why did you make it? We found it interesting that, even though we were in the same seminar, we followed different paths based on our curiosities, interests and skills, and we developed different skills in different ways. We want to share our experiences with other teachers who are thinking about using games.
- Who is it for? This is for teachers who are interested in the Pedagogy of Multiliteracies and games. We also want future students in the Game Terakoya to be inspired and to be eager to do something for their future.