- Authors: James York
- Reviewed by: Rosemere Bard, Jonathan deHaan, Marc Jones
- Volume and page numbers: 3 (p. 60 – 82)
- Date of publication: 2021/05/14
- Keywords: Case study, Computer-mediated Communication, Connected learning, Discord, EFL, Emergency remote teaching, Final Fantasy 14, Interview, Journey, Kotoba Rollers, MMORPG, Multiliteracies, Reddit, Social pedagogy, Student perspectives, TBLT, Transformation
- Cite: York, J. (2021). Creating playgrounds in online teaching spaces: Kanami and Nene’s “hero journeys.” Ludic Language Pedagogy, 3, 60-82.
- What is this? A case study of two students’ journeys over the span of one year in my English class.
- Why did you make it?
- to highlight just how transformative LLP can be for certain students
- to understand WHY these students excelled
- Who is it for?
- Myself: to iterate and improve my teaching
- Other teachers: to show how to set up an environment in which learners can exceed your expectations