- Authors: Paul Johnson
- Reviewed by: Jonathan deHaan, Marc Jones, Blair Matthews, Jacob Reed, Benjamin Thanyawatpokin, James York
- Volume and page numbers: 3 (p. 83 – 92)
- Date of publication: 2021/05/14
- Keywords: Gamification, Narrative uncertainty, Roll the dice, Tabletop roleplaying
- Cite: Johnson, P. (2021). Playtesting tabletop roleplaying with first and second year Korean EFL university students. Ludic Language Pedagogy, 3, 60-82.
- What is this? This is an explanation, summary, and reflection on my use of tabletop roleplaying games with my first and second year EFL university students.
- Why did you make it? Tired of disinterested students who have grown exhausted from boring textbooks, and despite my best efforts at motivating them, I realized that what was needed for some was not only a change in teaching technique, but a change in place. So I decided to take my students on a journey.
- Who is it for? This is for language teachers of students of all ages who are looking to provide their students with an organic, interesting, and fun way of engaging in their L2.