- Author: Fred Poole
- Peer-reviewed: ✅
- Peer-reviewers: Casey Nedry, D.M. Jones, Evan Bostelmann, James York, Jonathan deHaan.
- Date of publication: 2020/05/13
- Keywords: Authentic, GBLT
- Cite: Poole, F. (2020). Exploring authentic language use in the classroom. Ludic Language Pedagogy (2), 75-85.
L2 researchers and educators have contemplated the effect of authenticity in how it relates to materials and tasks, but this playground item explores the concept of authentic L2 use, what is it? How can it be promoted? And is it valuable?
- What is this? This is a concept map exploring authenticity in L2 learning.
- Why did you make it? I made this to help distinguish between the multiple ways that authenticity is used when designing and talking about L2 practices.
- Who is it for? This can be used by teachers to inform activity design, but mainly I think it’s for researchers to think about how they frame lessons, activities and language use.