- Author: James York
Reviewed by: Carolyn Blume, Jonathan deHaan, D.M. Jones, Blair Matthews, Niall McFadyen, Adam Sheard, Fabio Spano
- Volume and page numbers: 2 (p. 269 – 283)
- Date of publication: 2020/10/25
- Keywords: Among Us, Casual game, Discord, Empowering Teachers, Game-based teaching, Guide, How to, Mobile game.
- Cite: York, J. (2020). 👩🚀 How to teach languages with “Among Us.” Ludic Language Pedagogy, 2, 269-283. https://doi.org/10.55853/llp_v2Pg11
- What is this? A guide to using the popular multiplayer game “Among Us” for teaching languages
- Why did you make it? Having played the game myself, I recognised its potential as a language learning tool and expect other teachers would appreciate a guide on how to use it.
- Who is it for? Teachers that would like to harness the social and cultural capital that students possess through knowledge of modern, online, multiplayer video games.
- What did you include? Post-play worksheets and a number of reasons explaining WHY a teacher may want to use such games in their context